Detached Rotor For Hub4100 Movement

Welcome to the forum, Dave.

All depends on what's caused the rotor to become detached. If it's a broken screw, for example, that's probably curable without too much bother. Just out of curiosity, how do you know if the rotor's detached if you haven't opened the case back? Is it rattling around inside? It's worth taking the back off, if you can, just to see exactly what the problem is. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum, Dave.

All depends on what's caused the rotor to become detached. If it's a broken screw, for example, that's probably curable without too much bother. Just out of curiosity, how do you know if the rotor's detached if you haven't opened the case back? Is it rattling around inside? It's worth taking the back off, if you can, just to see exactly what the problem is. :rolleyes:

Hi WillFly, thanks for the prompt reply, it's a transparent caseback, I could see it moving around without attached to the movement, I believe I've just shaked it off.

Welcome to the forum Daven..Will, I had a Watch with the same problem and just by shaking the Watch , I could know that something had fallen from my watch movement.that was the automatic rotor.... ;)

Yes, it's just weird, I'm plan to fix it myself if it is doable by simple tools, and thanks for the reply, really appreciated

• Like 1

As far as I know this is based on the Valjoux 7750 and so you will need a bolt tool made by either Bergeon or Horotec.

This is how: 

Alternatively - the screw may have just come loose in which case it will just be a case of screwing it back in place.

If you are unsure then post a pic so we can see :)

As far as I know this is based on the Valjoux 7750 and so you will need a bolt tool made by either Bergeon or Horotec.

This is how: 

Alternatively - the screw may have just come loose in which case it will just be a case of screwing it back in place.

If you are unsure then post a pic so we can see :)

Hi Mark, thank you for the information :)

After finish watching the video, I can't locate the bolt on my movement, this is the picture I've found online as right now I don't have the watch with me, please kindly point out

The red circle is the detached point

post-122-0-75140600-1394506043_thumb.jpg

Oh - I see, the weight is integral with the bearing by the looks of it - a custom jobby. Similar to Omega's version. This is a problem and it looks like you will be in for a hefty bill for a new complete weight. I have never worked on one so I am not 100% but from the picture it looks like I am right.

It is possible to purchase a generic v7750 weight, bolt and ballrace to fit this. But this is an undesirable solution because of the display back.

Sorry I could not be more positive :(