Have to clocks that looks the same

David1970

Atkins Clock Company of Bristol and later Forestville, Connecticut

"E Pluribus Unum" was the motto proposed for the first Great Seal of the United States by John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson in 1776. A latin phrase meaning "One from many," the phrase offered a strong statement of the American determination to form a single nation from a collection of states.

19th century

You can sometimes date American clocks by there labels. Have a look here as I cannot see the whole of the label you are showing.

https://www.antiqueclockspriceguide.com/labelstrademarks.php?lm=Atkins Clock Co

Hi oldhippy thank you for the information. a lot of the label was destroyed very brittle not by me lol. Even though this was a phrase that was going to be used I noticed some people are saying their clocks are E Pluribus Unum. Thank you for the information.

Yes I know it's just a phrase as I said I just saw some people using it as the name of the clock bizarre. Unfortunately the labels are to perished to get any more information. I do appreciate you taking your time to answer me thank you.

On 4/19/2022 at 4:23 PM, Willow said:

Hi David the DGMS is a German patent the trademark Schlenker-Kienzle registered 06-10-1889 Re-registered 1889.

Thank you for the information

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.