Casio g-shock battery retainer, possible repairs?

i have a g-shock 'ga800 1acr' whose battery retainer tab snapped off on one side (tiny one which holds it in place), as a result the battery doesn't snap in place on that side.   only issue at first was a unresponsive adjustment button, then the lcd's value got 'reset' after putting the watch back together, so decided to check battery's voltage, then battery retainer snapped, then the display went blank altogether, even though i pressed on backplate to see if loseness was an issue. this would be a 100 bucks new, can't justify it if the watch works except this tiny little battery tab (i'd rather glue the battery back and get another year out of the watch, if it was possible)

thanks in advance

Edited by 8aclock
clarification in one sentence

Hi @8aclock

You might want to consider some lens cleaner on that camera 😉

As I'm understanding things you've accidentally snapped a part off your battery clamp so can't get things to clip back i.e. this part...
image.png.9df7a44c5998bf2985e8a050bb4b838a.png

You certainly don't want to be gluing stuff in place. Would the clamp be held down with the case back on? If not fully then judge the gap and find a suitable piece of material (a piece of plastic cut to size, even small roundels of tape built up in layers to the correct height) to put on the top of the clamp so that the act of the case back being put back on pushes the clamp into it's down position.

You also mention "this would be 100 bucks new" but if you wanted to replace something also consider the lookout for parts / spares / second-hand on a site like ebay.

• Thanks 1

@WatchMaker

true, but not even ebay had lower price used once or parts for that. one parts website had parts, but not that part. i'm also assuming getting it repaired at a repair place wouldn't be worth the cost?

Your assumption is that this part is available as a purchasable single item and that a 'repair place' would be able to get hold of this part better than you. That may not be the case at all as it would assume Casio thought this would be a replaceable item in the first place and have packaged them up for sale. 

When I mentioned ebay what I meant was you may have to be patient and look out for a spares-or-repairs 'breaker' watch - that often go for little money- that you could utilise. Other than this you have to get creative (would my suggestion of using the case back, with suitable padding, not by suitable?) or fashion your own clip. You can see from my picture it's a very simple rectangle with rectangular hole that is bent at right angles. Could you get creative and fashion some similar right-angled fixture yourself where you adhere the horizontal to the current battery clamp top etc.?