Help getting the dial removed

Bready

Hello forum. I have an Illinois 12s pocket watch movement. The model is 3XT, grade Autocrat (Marquis thin model). The main plate contains three empty dial screw holes. When I look inside the dial screw holes, there are no dial feet. I've read that some dials "snap" onto the plate. Bottom line...I can't figure out how to remove the dial. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

Thanks for your response Woolshire. Please note below, the data from pocketwatchdatabase.com, under Dial feet location it says : none.

So it appears for this watch model and grade there were no dial feet. Which likely means there was some other way the dial was attached. 

I have already done some search engine searches to try and figure this out but have come up empty.

Anyone else who might have worked on this model/grade?

Grade: Autocrat

Manufacturer:Illinois

Manufacturer Location:Springfield, Illinois

Movement Serial Number:4967581

Grade:Autocrat

Model:3XT

Estimated Production Year:1927

Run Quantity:1,000

Total Production:1,000

Size:12s

Jewels:17j

Movement Configuration:Openface

Movement Finish:Nickel

Movement Setting:Pendant

Plate:Bridge Plate

Barrel:Going

Railroad Grade:No

Dial Feet Locations:None

Case Screw Locations:5.0, 35.0

Then it’s a friction fit. I’ve seen quite a few Rockford’s with those. Takes a little patience, but slowly work around the dial with your fingernail or sharpened peg wood.

it’s interesting I haven’t come across an Illinois with a friction fit.

Edited by Woolshire

Hi Woolshire,

Success! I put a bit of Rodico over the cannon pinion and placed the watch dial down so the dial was slightly off the working surface. My thumbnail worked fine and it snapped off without a problem. Thank goodness it wasn't glued. Not sure how unusual it was for Illinois to use a friction fit dial. I've looked at other 12s Illinois watches (Autocrat grade) and they have dial feet. The movement is very thin....perhaps that's why they went to friction fit? Thank you very much for your advice. Best regards, Bready