Need Help For President Day Date Calendar Wheels

I have an early 1970s Rolex President, model 1803, with a 1556 movement.

The calendar does not work. The two wheels do not sync-up.

I have attached a photo.

Any advise for fixing it would be much appreciated.  post-1033-0-58515500-1431047266_thumb.jp

Welcome to the forum lynnoqzo.

This is not a movement that I'm familiar with, so I might be off the mark with my suggestion. I assume the small wheel inset fits over the hour wheel with the steel star drive downwards. The day wheel will then be located on top of that with the small key locating in the notch in the wheel. The date wheel will then be placed over the day wheel and the small tooth located between the teeth in the small driving wheel.

The small steel star wheel looks like a friction fit and it capable of being rotated within the brass gear to allow correct alignment of the date and day wheels. Once this has been done you should be able to set the day and date with the stem.

Just my thoughts! :)

I have not worked on the calubur but looking at the date wheel the little line opersite  number 1 & between no,s 16/17 is significant with the set up. Some quetions: Is that two wheels or the same wheel just flipped.

Does the numbers disc clip onto the day wheel or do the three pins on the day wheel rotate and catch the notch of the number wheel.