Hand bluing kit

spectre6000

https://shop.diywatch.club/collections/flame-bluing/products/diy-watch-club-flame-bluing-kit

Saw a reference to this in a watch blog. $165, includes tools and a few sets of hands. I like blued hands, but the only thing I don't have to hand as is are the hands and some brass shavings. Still, if you don't have multiple types of shops to loot for tools and materials, this looks like a pretty neat option.

• Like 1

It looks very, very nice.
However, you can buy a torch for around £20. It’s a good idea to go for one with a square base so you can place it on your desk with the flame pointing upwards without the risk of it falling its side.
Butane gas £2/3 for 300ml can.
Brass shavings, 250g will be way more than what is in this kit and will cost you around £5 from eBay, go for the fine shavings if you get the option.
Brass tray, I bought a very small brass ashtray from eBay for £3 and a small hand held vice for £3 to clamp the ashtray. Pair of gloves would be good to hold the vice if it doesn’t have a wooden handle but a towel would do the job just fine, that’s what I used.
Soldering board to rest the bluing tray on £6.
The rest, tweezers, rodico, glass, you probably already have.
So, the total is £40, let’s call it $55. That leaves you with $110 in your pocket.

• Like 3