A Christmas gift from my neighbor--OMG!

I have fixed several watches for my neighbors and advertised to other friends that I would fix their watches--for free.  So...it has been fun.  Those who get their watch back in perfect working order love me and have promised to attend my funeral (as far as I know I am not about to die--but only God knows).

Well, this developed beyond my expectation.

My neighbor contacted all of her friends, law enforcement, customers, other neighbors, friends (neighbor is a Lt. in the local Sheriff department).  So in order to feed my insatiable desire to fix things of horology (although one friend asked if I could fix an ancient typewriter), she gathered a pile of timing pieces to be fixed.  I received them this evening as a Christmas gift.  Each piece with an attached email address so that I can communicate with the owner.  They have been informed that when their item is fixed, they must come to my little watch shop to pick it up.  LOL...I love it.

I have not counted, but I would guess about twenty watches and maybe  eight clocks.

I love this journey I am on, and I love to see the joy I bring when someone gets their time piece running.  There are no watchmakers in the area, so people just give up on their time piece.

So, I am now buried in work. 

And...I know already...I will not be able to accomplish this work without the wisdom of my friends on this forum, so I thank you in advance!!!

• Like 7