Tag Calibre 7

Hi everyone, so I've just joined and I'm straight in with an ask.

I have just been given a TAG Calibre 7 to fix after it has been messed up by Tag. (The customer refuses to send it back to them)

So does any have an technical manual showing the oiling points, exploded diagrams, part number etc.

I can probably manage without it, but it always helps to have such things.

If anyone wants Seiko related stuff please ask.

Thanks

D

Hi Clockboy, thanks for that. I always say "There's nowt as queer as folk" meaning basically there are sometimes no logical reasons to people behaviour. The guy I am fixing the watch for basically said "It will be a cold day in Hell when I send my watch back to TAG. If they can mess up a service for £500 what else are they going to do to my watch". I suppose it means one strike and you're out. There were a few more expletives, but good taste prevents me from sharing them on this forum.  Surprisingly I have a lot of customers with that attitude. I think that if you have a prize possession and someone messes it up, confidence in that person drops quite rapidly to zero. I treat all watches, that pass through my hands , as if they belonged to me. By the way, I retain all my customers lol. (possibly because I'm cheap lol)

Hi JDM, I am a very polite person who will always follow the rules. I am however surprised at you, as a moderator, that you didn't check before accusing me. However, I'm sure this happens quite a lot so I understand and you're forgiven. 😛

Hi Plato, thank you again and thanks for pointing out JDM's oversight.

Guy's don't take my comments too seriously I'm just messing and don't want to start a war. I've only just joined and I'm sure I can give a lot more than I will take.

For Seiko I know a fair amount, for other watches, not so much. I will post a few of my strips and rebuilds / Services when I get back home, including a Rolex Oyster Datejust which was destroyed in a motorbike crash.

Just remember that most watches will live longer than we will. We just help, as our paths cross. 😁