1897 6S Elgin pocketwatch hairspring

so i have a 6s Elgin pocket watch i have fixed the main spring and now it has gave me another problem the watch was running really good but the then it suddenly stopped and when i opened the case the hair spring some how got caught on the balance wheel and it got bent so now i have got it flat and in a circle again but the roller jewel does not line up with the banking pins and it wont run so is there a way to fix that 

1 hour ago, adenfulton said:

so i have a 6s Elgin pocket watch i have fixed the main spring and now it has gave me another problem the watch was running really good but the then it suddenly stopped and when i opened the case the hair spring some how got caught on the balance wheel and it got bent so now i have got it flat and in a circle again but the roller jewel does not line up with the banking pins and it wont run so is there a way to fix that 

You need to turn the collet on the balance staff so the Impulse jewel is exactly in between the banking pins.

Here's a lesson I posted on here that shows how to bring a BFG 866 into beat: 

You can either turn the collet in situ or remove the balance and hairspring first which takes longer but is a safer way if you haven't done it before

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jon said:

You need to turn the collet on the balance staff so the Impulse jewel is exactly in between the banking pins.

Here's a lesson I posted on here that shows how to bring a BFG 866 into beat: 

You can either turn the collet in situ or remove the balance and hairspring first which takes longer but is a safer way if you haven't done it before

hey thank you Jon i will try that i have moved the hairspring collet on other watches and took them off  too without 

breaking anything but i will try that thanks