Seiko 7009A Mainsping Winder Size

Hi all

I am trying to repair a Seiko 7009A movement, what is the correct size Mainspring winder needed for this size watch movement.

I have one of the Chinese Winding kits bot nothing fits this spring, so was going to get the proper size Bergeon winder as I have quite a few of this movement to work on in the coming months.

Thanks for any input on this

Paul

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply, will keep an eye out for a Number 6

On a good note and down to luck more than anything else I managed to get the Chinese 8200 one to wind the spring and successfully load it into the barrel, more luck than judgment I am sure, but at least its all back together and working.

Paul

• Like 1

Try to mix and match the winders with the winder insert. I had some success with this for the Chinese winders with 7009 mainsprings.  I finally gave up (as the Chinesium ones started wearing) and bought bergeon ones. The bergeon ones are quite a bit better for seiko. If you can get a new mainspring I would go that way.

Matt

• 1 year later...
On 8/4/2021 at 11:51 AM, Paul80 said:

Thanks for the quick reply, will keep an eye out for a Number 6

On a good note and down to luck more than anything else I managed to get the Chinese 8200 one to wind the spring and successfully load it into the barrel, more luck than judgment I am sure, but at least its all back together and working.

Paul

Hey out of curiosity did you ever pick up a number 6 or bergeon winders for this caliber? 
I'm about to order my first sizes for mainspring winders and i'm having trouble figuring out for sure whether the same combo of bergeon winder/barrel works for 7s26 and 700X.

These things are expensive so i want to make sure i get what i need and i'm just finding a lot of conflicting information.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Hello, I am about 5 months into watchmaking and I love it!   The attention to precise detail is what really attracts me to it. (and the tools!) I am working on a 16 jewel 43mm pocket watch movement.   There are no markings besides a serial number (122248) .  The balance staff needs replacement. The roller side pivot broke off.  I successfully removed the hairspring using Bergeon 5430's.  I successfully removed the roller using Bergeon 2810.   Did i mention I love the tools?! I removed the staff from the balance wheel using a vintage K&D staff removal tool  with my Bergeon 15285 (that's the one that comes with a micrometer adjustment so it can be used as a jewel press as well as a traditional staking tool...it's sooooo cool...sorry..  can you tell i love the tools?) No more digressing..  I measured the damaged staff in all the relevant areas but I have to estimate on some because one of the pivots is missing. A = Full length  A= 4.80mm  (that's without the one pivot...if you assume that the missing pivot is the same length as the other pivot (I'm sure it's not)  then A = 5.12 mm...(can I assume 5.00mm here?) F=  Hair spring collet seat  F=  .89mm   (safe to assume .90 here? .. I am sure that my measurement's would at least contain  .01 mm error ?) G = balance wheel seat  G = 1.23 mm  (1.20mm?) H  =  roller staff  H =  .59mm  (.60 mm?) B  = bottom of the wheel to roller pivot   B  = 2.97mm  (3.00 mm?)     here I am estimating  again because this pivot is missing. So my friends, and I thank you profusely,  can you point me in the right direction as to how to proceed? Do i buy individual staffs?  or an assortment?   Since I don't know exactly the name of the manufacturer, will that be a fatal hindrance?   Tbh, I'm not even sure what country of origin this movement is. Thank you!    
    • Thats why i asked that question earlier, what happens if lubrication is placed directly on top of epilame ?  As opposed to walled within its non epilamed area . I'm not saying its right, i have no idea , just asking questions. 
    • thinking of where epilam should be removed did you know there was a patent that covers this? At least for the escapement I'm attaching it. GB1057607A-1 epilame.pdf
    • Back home...printing now.  Will report results
    • Oh well, if Master @nickelsilver says it's the way to go, then it is the way to go! I stand corrected! 🫡 Are there any other places where you're supposed to remove the epilame from the contact point of rubbing? I don't think so! Thanks for the effort @Neverenoughwatches, much appreciated! 🙂👍