zenith 2542 c seconds wheel

Hey guys 

I need a seconds hands wheel for this zenith . Is the wheel i have hi lighted called the  "fourth wheel center seconds" cos if it is i need part number 2552pc 227 if its something else i am stuck. I can only get work sheets for the zenith 2522 or 2552 and according to ranfft they are not the same family as the 2542.

cheers

gary

IMG_20210410_220510.jpg

IMG_20210410_215642.jpg

IMG_20210410_215634.jpg

Hi Gary

There's a useful document here ... https://www.cousinsuk.com/PDF/products/7299_Zenith 2522-2572.pdf ... on interchangeability for the range of Zenith movements you're talking about.

Use the 'ANC.NO' column to find the part you're after. If you're interested in part 227 for the 2542C I'd be reading this as that Zenith give the 2552PC as the base model but that any part from a derivative (any of the 2552, 2542 or 2532 models) will match. This comes under ANC.NO = 227/A. 

[The various 2572 and 2562 models on the other hand do seem to use a different 227 part].

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Welcome to the forum, enjoy. I have a varimatic that went  out of sequence because it’s hydronic oil ran very low. Must admit it’s still in my garage just know time to fix it. Purchased a cheap Indian Junta/ sonic Pearl as a stop gap a few years ago and it still performs perfectly so no incentive to fix the Varimatic. 
    • The plate is OK, thanks. It seems the answer to my question is that this is a 'hack' & for me another reminder that in general, one won't be the first person to be tinkering with an old timepiece!. As you day, I've been fortunate to have gotten some good advice and, just as important, encouragement. I've been lucky then not to have the balance spring break as a result of my novice 'ministrations' - but I did remember to 'stroke' rather than bend per se. The clock is of sentimental value to the owner so I'm relieved to have now got it running to time with the support & encourage of forum members like yourself.
    • Recently purchased a L&R Varimatic knowing that the piston does not fully rise in the cylinder. The likely cause is air in the system. The manual calls for using a bleeder cup, which is as rare as hen's teeth.Does anyone have any experience with this issue and if so, how did they resolve it?
    • Thanks ww, its maybe not as much of a bodge trick that i thought it was. 
    • Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum. We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement.  It would be nice if you told us a little about yourself.