Another reason to be home, UGH!

Since 2021, the winter has really set in here. It has been very cold and windy, with nights and even days in the negative numbers below zero degF. We had a huge snowstorm a few days ago with about 30 inches of snow. IDK what that is in centimeters but it is a lot of inches, so even more in cm. We are expecting another 5-9 inches tomorrow and a like amount later in the week. A descending polar vortex (sounds scary, right?) will keep the snow around for awhile. It makes everything feel a bit claustrophobic and frankly, shoveling snow loses its charms pretty quickly.

The mail box is snowed in so I have to go to the post office to get the post, which means all of the bits and bobs for any current projects are not conveniently delivered to our door. Pretty soon Il'' have to put on the skis to get there! Actually, it is not as bad as all of that, but I would certainly need to use skis or snow shoes to avail myself of the many miles of beautiful hiking trails near us.

Anyway, any snow in your area? What are you doing to pass the time?

IMG_0271.thumb.jpeg.fe71f52861e889e773aa676be1e0054d.jpegIMG_0285.thumb.jpeg.61cae3bf9e6986edcf5273dfd24e6a1c.jpegIMG_0281.thumb.jpeg.37ae73d6d86640c87142616b285e332c.jpeg

On 2/6/2021 at 10:19 AM, watchweasol said:

You certainly know how to enjoy your self, shovelling snow lost its charm with me as we lived in a gamekeepers cottage in a wood had to shovel for quarter mile to get the tractor in and out  not fun.

Eeesh. I just got back in after running the snowblower for awhile. Another 6 inches today and more coming Thursday. Ill try not to complain though!