Salutations

timlan24

Hello, Everyone.

My name is Tim and I have been following Mark’s channel and projects for about three years. I also enjoy watching the projects at My Retro Watches and through the last few years have been assembling a collection of tools to start taking on this hobby. If I had known watch repair was a career when I was out of high school I would have liked to attend one of the certification programs here in the U.S. but as it is I suppose I will just have to content myself with tinkering while my family is asleep in the evening. 

I don’t really have a preference for a certain brand and I don’t prefer mechanical or quartz. I just like watches and I enjoy the artistry that is involved with manufacturing anything on such a small scale.

My mom bought me my first watch as a souvenir from Disneyland when I was in the third grade, which was quite some time ago. It was a Lorus quartz Goofy watch that ran in reverse and I have had a watch on my wrist ever since. 

These days I have a perpetual watch tan and a drawer of inexpensive wrist and pocket watches and  I have collected to allow myself room for error and learning before I try to repair anything of emotional or monetary value. 

I was happy to learn of this forum and look forward to sorting through the collective knowledge base you all have assembled here and maybe some day I’ll be able to pass on some of my own. 

Cheers!

TL