Replaceing the crystal on my Rolex Datejust 115234

Hi!

I'm currently working on my Rolex Datejust 115234.

I have restored the case and bracelet and figured I'd change the crystal while I'm at it, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to assemble the new crystal.

In all off the videos i can find regarding a crystal change on the Datejust, there is the bezel, the crystal and the crystal gasket.

But in my case i have a stainless steel ring that is supposed to sit in between the crystal gasket and the bezel.

My problem is that i don't know how to get this steel ring in place, and therefor i cannot assemble the bezel.

I'm thankful for any help that i can get!

FYI, all the parts i use are Rolex original.

Kind regards

Isak

20201103_131127.jpg

20201103_131154.jpg

Hi I found this, 
It will be very difficult to install the crystal with out the Rolex tools, because the new style are assembled different than the previous models.

In the Day-Date II the system is referred to as "separated function" meaning the bezel does not hold the crystal to the case as before. The bezel is cosmetic, the Titanium clamping ring is what holds the crystal gasket tight to the case.

First the gaskets crystal and bezel(Hytrel) MUST NOT be reused. Loss of the cosmetic bezel is almost certain if the Hytrel ring is reused, and leaking if the crystal gasket is reused.

Assembly procedure goes like this
Special suction jig holds the crystal so the gasket and titanium clamping ring can be locked together with a press.
Then the crystal, gasket, titanium clamping ring assembly is pressed into the case using a jig that keeps the cyclops aligned at the proper position.

Then the Hytrel ring is installed into the groove inside the cosmetic bezel, and the bezel is then pressed into place on top of the titanium clamping ring. Hope this helps 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Graziano said:

Hi I found this, 
It will be very difficult to install the crystal with out the Rolex tools, because the new style are assembled different than the previous models.

In the Day-Date II the system is referred to as "separated function" meaning the bezel does not hold the crystal to the case as before. The bezel is cosmetic, the Titanium clamping ring is what holds the crystal gasket tight to the case.

First the gaskets crystal and bezel(Hytrel) MUST NOT be reused. Loss of the cosmetic bezel is almost certain if the Hytrel ring is reused, and leaking if the crystal gasket is reused.

Assembly procedure goes like this
Special suction jig holds the crystal so the gasket and titanium clamping ring can be locked together with a press.
Then the crystal, gasket, titanium clamping ring assembly is pressed into the case using a jig that keeps the cyclops aligned at the proper position.

Then the Hytrel ring is installed into the groove inside the cosmetic bezel, and the bezel is then pressed into place on top of the titanium clamping ring. Hope this helps 

Thank you so very much! This was very helpful! I will keep you updated.

• Thanks 1