Tag Heuer Carrera movement removal

20 hours ago, thepasserby said:

Hi

Do you know what kind of screwdriver I need for that tiny screw?

I have a set of micro screwdrivers, smallest 1 mm wide,  but the tip is to thick for this screw.

I managed to remove the rust from the case and other parts.

Thank you

20201011_181212.jpg

20201011_181616.jpg

You should buy a watchmakers screwdriver set. They usually have 0.6mm and over.

This is a good set (value for money) if you're going to keep practicing watchmaking but you can find cheaper ones (non-swiss or replicas in Ali and Cousins as well) - 

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/cousins-swiss-style-stainless-steel-9-pieces-rs

Edited by Rafael

I think A-F is the best "bang for the buck" in tools. A lot of my first (and some enduring) tools are A-F brand.

That said, I got a set of Burgeon screwdrivers, in a rotating stand (set of nine) on special for $90 a few years ago from Ofrei. I see similar ones on eBay, for $135 these days. You might find a deal around if you keep your eyes open.

Nine nice drivers with one spare blade for each for ~$100 in a nice rotating stand is a pretty good deal.

I gave up on regrinding the blades and buy ten packs of Burgeon antimagnetic replacement blades as needed from Startime. Much better than the original included blades- finish is mirror and they work great. Old blades get reground into other tools as needed, or scrapped.

My input on the screwdriver issue...

Edited by Tudor