Wittnauer D11Kas-2

Jim

I am trying to locate a cannon pinion for a D11KAS-2 Wittnauer movement.  I think the movement is also the longness 505    additionally 1958-2 is stamped on the back of the main plate  from the other forums I have read the base movement may be ETA  anyone know  how I can determine if there is a part interchange.    

Thanks

Jim 

post-345-0-57559900-1425304313_thumb.jpg

In my BestFit book there is a movement for a  Wittnauer calibre 11D  (11 1/2ligne) and the movement interchange-ability is a

ETA 1051.  If it is the correct movement this might help.  I looked in Cousins but no canon pinion shown for the ETA 1051

If the longines 505 is correct the longines 501 is the same & the part number is 245

I have found one at a web site boley.de

Longines 501.pdf 2.pdf

Edited by clockboy

Cas-ker actually had it in stock.   I got Lucky. It appears to be the same as the Longines.    I received a wonderful response for another watchmaker    LOL  guess he is not fond of ETA     I like ETA movements myself.   I had no idea A, S.  was involved with Wittnauer and Longines.    Great information for future reference 

See below

Jim

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is not clear from your request whether you wish to post a search or are simply seeking information. Wittnauer used A.S. movements, but they were proprietary. Made specifically for Wittnauer. No parts are available separately by using the A.S. caliber designation. For what it worth, the movement is likely A.S. caliber 1959 or possibly 1955.

If this is a caliber with an offset center wheel, then perhaps there is confusion about the mechanism. The cannon pinion that fits over the center post is loose. The driving pinion is on the offset center wheel. These commonly quickly wore, but can be tightened if one is sufficiently skillful. It would be my guess that parts from other closely related A.S. calibers would fit, but I don’t have the time or inclination at this point to investigate. A.S. 1950  parts may interchange. A.S. 1950 parts are readily available.

Parts information for later Wittnauer calibers is sketchy. I agree about the Longines calibers. Longines and Wittnauer were connected, at least with regard to U.S. distribution. Just a guess, but the 501- 505 may have been rebranded Wittnauer movement for the U.S. to give Longines dealers a lower priced alternative.

Back in the day, Longines was a high-grade watch. Now that SWATCH Group has taken over the brand, they are mostly generic ETA crap.

If you want to post a search for the cannon pinion, let me know. You may find yourself at the end of a long line of folks trying to find parts for this group of Wittnauer movements, of which WIT D11KAS-2 is just one.

Kind regards,

Jim

James Sadilek - www.nevadawatchrepair.com
P. O. Box 194
Carson City NV 89702
[email protected]

All done     :D  I am doing a wrist test with this one the winder I have is not rough enough.  This watch was a dollar at a yard sale broken and very rusted.  LOL  

Thanks again for all the help  it was a 505 Longines  part that fit.

Sincerely,

Jim

post-345-0-11357100-1426085283_thumb.jpg