Bulova Series 262/263. Rotor

Davis

Looking for a new rotor for my Bulova watch. It’s a 2623,10 caliber witch is the same as a series 262/263 per the watch Bulletin JohnR725 sent me. It’s shows the rotor as a 20.580. Looked around but could not find anyone selling rotors. The question is are they available and who has them. 

I think I bent the shaft when trying to install the train wheel bridge. Now I can’t get it back in the lower pivot. Tried to straighten but to know avail. As can be seen in the photo it looks like the magnet is also chipped. The hole that the rotor fits into is about 1.4 mm

Thanks in advance for your help

Dave 

A642CBF5-5933-49AB-AD69-DA620EF95517.jpeg

4A69778D-EF63-4471-AB99-C95160E9DB25.jpeg

• 1 month later...

You're probably unlikely to be able to pick up an individual part like this.

Like a lot of us, for spares you'll have to keep your eye out on somewhere regularly like ebay for a scrap movement you can cannibalise. Or if you really like the watch your movement goes into then invest in a complete NOS movement e.g. https://www.watchesulike.com/en/bulova/14106-bulova-caliber-2623-10-movement.html

The alternative if you simply like the watch for its case and dial and aren't precious about the movement having association with Bulova is to pick up an inexpensive quartz alternative.

Thanks for the reply. Not really an important watch. Just trying to get to run. I contacted Bulova and am waiting for a reply. Considering a new movement for this one and another one that I have. Just passing time during the “lockdown”

Hope all is well on your end, Dave