Boluva quartz P1

Davis

It all began with installing batteries in a bunch of old watches I had in a drawer. I could not get my Bulova working. Looking thru my 10 power lobe I identified the torque motor and the three gears under the four jewel bridge. I thought if I could clean it up in might work. Long story after many hours of loosing and finding screws, gears and the motor I finally got them all in one place. To my dismay the axel with spur gear came out fo the motor.

The question is is there a way to repair this very tiny part ?? Thanks for listening and any reply’s in advance.

Dave

10 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

It would be helpful to have a picture of the watch or model number?

It’s Calibre 2623.10.   I think I might have caused the separation as I cleaned the piece in acetone. I read a thread where this might desolve the lacquer holding the shaft on. I also noted that the torque motor had 2 pivot points in the frame. 

147EE561-1F9A-4E9E-AB2B-2CEC627D15DE.jpeg

73C8C7F0-B813-4E54-A3BB-5E6113218361.jpeg

I have a link to a website below which shows the parts list normally when you click on a part if it was used in other watches you'll get a list here you get nothing. This means that there is no cross reference it's only used in this watch.

Then the other option is do a search on the Internet see if you can find another movement like eBay. Looks like on eBay right now is a movement for $10 it's rusty but maybe that would clean up.

Then I've attached a tech sheet number is not exactly the same I don't know what the variation is but it looks casually similar it might be helpful.

Then for quartz watch repair as you've discovered it's not easier than mechanical watch repair. There is less components there is no main spring but other challenges. Unlike a watch with a mainspring quartz watches run on extremely low amounts of power. Mechanical watches will put up with a lot of things not quite being right but one little's back of dust in the wrong place and a quartz watch.. Or wrong types of lubrication can cause issues. This is also where you should do some electrical checks to verify that everything is right. Cleaning challenges a lot of modern watches have a lot of plastic you have to be very careful how you clean that. Or even older quartz watches the plastic will just start disintegrate then you're really In trouble.

So I would try to glue it back together otherwise you going to have to find another movement.

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=BUL_2623.10

Bulova_262,263.pdf

John 

Thanks again for the information  I downloaded the spec sheet and the train bridge side is the same as mine It says its a SMQ Series262/263. I tried to find parts for this movement but no luck. I did download the JBorel movement catalog. Very interesting. Still can’t figure how to locate spare parts. For 262 or 2623.10 as I can’t relate to the Calibre numbers. No reference on the JBorel site

Used red loctite to “glue” the pinion shaft to the rotor. Will try to assemble tomorrow.

Dave