Crown tube removal

It's a pretty  common  part. But you will need to measure  it's  dimensions. For this you will need a set of calipers. You will  need to know it's  length  and diameter. Then you can  order  the part. You will  probably  also need  a stem and a crown  as  well. These parts  are pretty  universal. You can find them on the esslinger website.they have a considerable  variety. Removal  isn't too tough. Needle nose pliers.just be careful  not to bugger the case. Correction...the stem is not universal..they are particular  to the movement  and the threaded  end comes in different  diameters as well..they are known  as tap  sizes. 

Edited by yankeedog
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, yankeedog said:

It's a pretty  common  part. But you will need to measure  it's  dimensions. For this you will need a set of calipers. You will  need to know it's  length  and diameter. Then you can  order  the part. You will  probably  also need  a stem and a crown  as  well. These parts  are pretty  universal. You can find them on the esslinger website.they have a considerable  variety. Removal  isn't too tough. Needle nose pliers.just be careful  not to bugger the case. Correction...the stem is not universal..they are particular  to the movement  and the threaded  end comes in different  diameters as well..they are known  as tap  sizes. 

I found out the non universal thing after I went through 2 stems to find out I needed a split stem. P.s (Does it make a difference if it is a one piece case)?

3 minutes ago, Amateurwatchbreaker said:

I found out the non universal thing after I went through 2 stems to find out I needed a split stem. P.s (Does it make a difference if it is a one piece case)?

Hi there , yes it will make a big difference . If it is a one piece case you will need a split stem to remove the movement from the case .You need to pull the stem and split it ,then remove crystal and the movement will fall out the front . If it where a full stem you wouldn't be able to get the movement out .  Hope that helps

• Like 1