Graves Express English Lever

Chashend

I am fairly new to fixing watches I have a graves Express English lever when I rock the movement the balance wheel moves as it should but the escapement wheel does not turn (It is free) it apears that the escapement lever is not allowing it to move.Has anyone got a diagram of it or advice on how to fix

Charlie

HI if     the balance moves freely and the fork moves freely and the movement is wound then there is a blockage in the train  First let down all the power on the mainspring , Once done remove balance and the fork. Now try the train wheels just jiggle them are they free if so put two turns on the winder, does the train move ok , If so, replace fork and balance and put some turns on the spring and try again, Does it work ?   If not its a strip down and check all the wheels mainspring pivots clean and re assemble this is the same if it works it will still require a strip down clean and lubricate.

• Like 1

If you're new to watch repair I would put this one aside for now. Full plate watches are not easy to work on, and there are zero spare parts for this watch- aside from making them. When you are really zooming on regular modern manual wind watches come back to this one.

• Like 3