Mr Gerald M Rudy

Gerald

:thumbsu:I need some help here, I'm going nuts trying to find the answer.  I have an old Seiko Chronograph Sports 100; 7T32B watch that my son gave to me to replace the crystal.  Seemed easy enough, my first thought was to pry the Bezel off, rather than taking off the back plate off and pulling out the stems to drop out the movement.  I don't like messing with the tiny levers that hold the stems in place.  Anyhow, I proceeded to pry off the bezel which required a bit of an effort.  When it came off, out came to a fine stainless steel ring and a small plastic green ring with some very fine numbers printed around the inside of it.  After replacing the crystal, I haven't been able to figure out how to install the bezel.  My insight tells me that there must have been some sort of an "O" ring type seal/retainer that holds the bezel in place after being pressed in.  However, there was no sign of anything resembling an O ring that fell out of the assembly once it came apart. Although there seems to be grooves there on the case and the bezel where they go together to facilitate a bond between the bezel and the case.  I've been looking for days on the internet for some sort of a diagram, or instructions about how to reassemble these parts, but up to now I found nothing.  Can anybody out there help me with this issue.  Thanks much and God bless.

Thanks for your reply, I'm very sure the bezel is not distorted, or warped because I didn't have to pry it hard enough to do that.  The crystal set into it perfectly all the way around and when together, the case and the bezel fit perfectly flat with no rocking motion, as though the bezel were perfectly flat.  The bezel goes together with the  case very loosely with about one MM of lateral play all the way around like there needs to be some sort of a ring within it to snug it up and hold it in place and seal it.  What puzzles me is that There is no click ring within the bezel and the case and when it came apart, the only thing I found was a stainless steel ring having four evenly spaced pressed tabs that raise up at a 45 degree angle.  The inside diameter of this ring is too small a diameter to fit over the outside surface of the ring of the bezel that goes into the cavity of the surface of the bezel that goes into the cavity of the case.  The outside diameter of the stainless steel ring does fit perfectly within the inside diameter of the cavity of the case.  In lough of a click mechanism, the pressed tabs of the ring could act as a sort of friction clutch when set, bringing up another question, as to whether the tabs go up, or down withing the cavity.  I'm looking for someone who has had experience with the bezel/case relationship of this particular watch, a "Seiko chronograph sports 100, 7T32B"  to verify my observations and to tell me what kind of device holds the bezel into the cavity of the case.  Anybody out there please step forward.  I really don't want to improvise, but I have some ideas that might work out very well.  Thanks and God bless.