Hello to all.

carl3989

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Here's a quick Gif I made to show truing the balance using callipers. This has such a slight wobble, but is within acceptable parameters. The important thing is the balance doesn't touch or rub anything when in operation. This is an Eterna Tank. Here's a pic of the balance freshly rivetted with a new staff in the movement
    • I just poked an inflation calculator, and $5 in 2020 would be about $6 in 2024. Doesn't fit very neatly into any status codes, which stop at 5XX, but that's honestly somewhat arbitrary outside of a clever pun for those that dabble in such things. Back during the pandemic, I would spend a good chunk of idle time in the evenings scanning through hundreds of listings a night, and I would only land 1-2 a week max. I would often go months without finding something suitable. A very small percentage of the watches in the price range are worth pulling the trigger on for my purposes. The number floating through the thread here may be somewhat deceptive.
    • Hi, guys I got there in the end after several attempts using a screwdriver and Rodico, I couldn't wait for the tool to arrive and was getting pretty confident handling the stud screw without it flying away. At first, I was using far too much Rodico, and then realized you only need the smallest amount inside the screw slot. Putting the cock back onto the movement also helped as it gave me more to hold onto while my shaky hand tried to align the screw wobbling away at the end of the screwdriver😁 Anyway, job done and I can move on. Thanks again for all the advice it's really appreciated for a beginner. 
    • I'd be interested in a copy of this book if anyone has one they'd like to sell  
    • You need to know at least the basics. Then the questions that You ask will begin to make sense. From what is seen on the video, the gear train and escapement look fine, but the balance doesn't rotate free. I can suppose that the thin gold colored shim that must stay under the balance cock is not in place.