Seiko 6309-523A Hand Size Help

ro63rto

Ok, so i now know hole size, i can measure length of the second hand but some sellers of aftermarket second hands also list the length of the mounting tube (forgive the use of non tech terms)

ie they list 0.7mm and 1mm

Any ideas on this measurement?

Hi ro63rto,

Maybe it will be helpful to get this gauge? Since you have the original hands...

attachicon.gifhandsGauge.jpg

I hope it helps,

Cheers,

Bob

Hey Bob. Good tool that.

I was hoping to get a measurement without removing the hands but looks like I'm gonna have to.

Only thing is my old manual calipers aren't accurate enough to show fractions of a mm.

I suppose if my second hand measures under 1mm then i should be ok with the 0.7mm model.

Sure thing, ro63rto,

Maybe the gauge I pictured could be used to measure length without disturbing the hands. Notice the ruler on the edge to measure from center hole to tip of hands. In any case, hands can be "eye balled" pretty much if you are not too picky about replacing with the exact original part! I sometimes choose the hands by what I think will be best if there is no original available, and of course, length wise they might be off a little. Just be careful never to overextend them outside their track. Too short might impact on aesthetics.

Cheers,

Bob

Sure thing, ro63rto,

Maybe the gauge I pictured could be used to measure length without disturbing the hands. Notice the ruler on the edge to measure from center hole to tip of hands. In any case, hands can be "eye balled" pretty much if you are not too picky about replacing with the exact original part! I sometimes choose the hands by what I think will be best if there is no original available, and of course, length wise they might be off a little. Just be careful never to overextend them outside their track. Too short might impact on aesthetics.

Cheers,

Bob

Bob, i think there are too many measurements flying around. So many that my head hurts [emoji1]

I want/need to replace all 3 hands.

At first i had no idea of the hole sizes but now i do from one of the posts above.

I now need the length of the tiny tube that the second hand has around the 0.2mm hole.

See this borrowed pic. The hand is balancing on it.

second%20hand_1.jpg

I think they are the 1 mm high judging by the picture. But don't go by my assumption, better measure it...and regretfully you will have to take them out! Do you have the proper tools for that type of job? It is easy to damage the hands of a watch or worst, the dial using the wrong tools.

I think they are the 1 mm high judging by the picture. But don't go by my assumption, better measure it...and regretfully you will have to take them out! Do you have the proper tools for that type of job? It is easy to damage the hands of a watch or worst, the dial using the wrong tools.

Got these a little while ago.

20141104_131218.jpg

I'll post measurements here in case others need it.

Edited by ro63rto

Oh ok, you should be good with those I guess. Go for it! Honestly, it is very rewarding in the end with a job well done, no matter how much the sweat. Just careful with those tweezers and the lume/paint/finish on the hands.