Resibond - Any Solutions To Stop It Going Off?

SSTEEL

Damn Resibond, its great as a product, in the sense of it doing the job its intended for, but oh boy am I fed up with it going off, resulting in not being able to use it.

What I ended up doing was cutting the tin tube, and emptying the contents into an airtight ziplock bag, and then use it via peg wood application.

Anyone experiencing the same frustrations with this? 

Also GS-Hypo, again, this stuff leaks, and fills the gap, even when inserting the thing pin which is on the inside of the cap.  Makes it so cumbersome in refitting the cap when its leaked and set like jelly around the nib.

I don't use Resibond Micky but the GS is usually a pain after the first application. I simply wipe clean the threads of the tube and use some external applicator when I need it. Needless to say, I've thrown away a couple of half full tubes!

Its annoying isn't it.  What external applicators do you use?  I'm considering using some kind of syringe, at least I can pull back on one of these to pull back in the content, and release any outward pressure at the same time.

Since my problem is basically a clogged tube/dispenser, I would get to the glue somehow and then use these manually,

post-253-0-79247200-1417190710.jpg

They work - for me --  better than other stuff, including old oilers and you can pick which thickness is better for the job.

I still have to figure out how to be able to use all the glue in the tubes when they start acting up. Some of those -- the UV type of glues -- are very sensitive to light...I also have some problem with those tubes. No matter what I do they even get hard/unusable or it is impossible to save the extra: tube in the bin! The good news is I don't use them a lot and when I do I try to have enough to make the tube pay...or charge the customer -- usually a friend with total disclosure, it is a hobby! -- for the glue if that is the case.