Stuck trying to find what miyota mvt this is

Danh

It’s a Miyota 3n20. Not easy to find a new alternate for. 5y20 is listed as the current replacement but has different dial feet positions, hand sizes and stem tap size!!! There is a watch on eBay with a 3n20 in Spain, but my Spanish isn’t good enough to see if its working.

Best alternate may be to find a Citizen 3220. There’s a new 3220 on eBay.com, but doesn’t look like they ship to uk https://www.ebay.com/itm/Citizen-Watch-Corp-3220-Original-Quartz-Watch-Movement-Japan-Made-1-Jewel-/273598188626.

Alternatively, there are many Citizen 3220 series watches on eBay.

Or you could google for other sources of both

• Like 2

Google is your friend :)

I searched Cousins to find the current Miyota of that size, then I googled for where that had been suggested as an alternative for obsolete movements, then hit the images button.  You just have to ask the same question a few different ways.

Actually, I found it quite quickly, but didn’t realise I had because the first picture I saw was pretty poor, so I kept on looking.

Took me about half an hour which I should have spent starting the next project in my toy box!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, StuartBaker104 said:

Google is your friend :)

I searched Cousins to find the current Miyota of that size, then I googled for where that had been suggested as an alternative for obsolete movements, then hit the images button.  You just have to ask the same question a few different ways.

Actually, I found it quite quickly, but didn’t realise I had because the first picture I saw was pretty poor, so I kept on looking.

Took me about half an hour which I should have spent starting the next project in my toy box!!

Thanks Stuart - I did start with cousins but never thought to back track the replacement

thats a great shout - thank you for your help