I have not taken pictures - sorry normally I do but this job required 120% concentration and a lot of lateral thinking
the very small pin was very difficult to remove that was holding the HS end in place. Eventually I got it moving and out, but it was not very tapered.
i ended up taking ages to reshape it slightly with 2000 grit paper.
it turned out it was easier to cut the HS and remove the pin then.
obviously I had to estimate the bend to put back into the spring, and then shape it again slightly when back in situ and pinned.
the pin was fiddly as hell to get back into place, thank god for No5 tweezers.
then checked the shape of the spring again and tweak accordingly
I ended up refitting the balance complete and moving the adjuster to give me a visual line for working out the orientation of the pallet jewel, taking it off and turning the collet until I was happy, did that a couple of times.
overall about 4 hours