2836-2 Positional Variance Question

I just received a watch with a ETA  2836-2 (Elabore) back from service.   I wore it for a day, then gave it about 20 winds, and gave it a few card dealing type shakes. I took it off a few times throughout the course of the day and gave it a few similar shakes until I could no longer sense the rotor turning and assumed it was fully wound.  I waited an hour and put it on my time graph.  Here are the results:

Dial Up: +4,   Dial Down: +4,    Crown Left: -5,    Crown Right: -3,    Crown Up: -5,    Crown Down: -12

I believe the ETA spec for this movement is 20 seconds maximum positional variation.  This one is at 16, which seems like it may be a bit high for just being serviced?  Is there anything specific that could be causing the crown down position to be that much slower?

Thanks for any help.  I realize it will probably change a bit over time.  

I've attached the specifications for your watch.  so to get your comparison right you have to set your timing machine the way they specify. Specifically 20 seconds between positions to settle down and 40 seconds measuring time. For the grade of your watch it's timed in three positions and 16 seconds is within the specifications.

I don't suppose you have a timing before servicing?

Then the reason why your watch is doing what it's doing is this is the way it was manufactured unless you have a previous timing that shows it was better at one time. So the most common thing affecting your positional errors would be the poise of the balance wheel.

Eta 2836-2 manufacturing information.pdf

2836-2 rate.JPG

• Like 2

Thank you JohnR725, I really appreciate the information.  Before servicing the watch was at -12 crown down and -6 dial up.  The amplitude was lower prior to service.  It sounds like the watch, a Damasko DA45 is operating well within specs.   I'm not at all obsessed with accuracy of my mechanical watches as long as they are consistent.  This watch is my favorite tool watch and sees quite a bit of wrist time.