Stem removal on Seiko (?) clone

Hello again,

As a beginner I am often faced with new and unknown designs that prevents me from even getting started...

A friend handed over an Ingersoll branded watch where a couple of the smaller hands supposedly indicating year, month etc. had come lose. I had offered to have a look at it, supposing it would be a piece of cake to pick out the movement and fit the hands back.

Having removed the back I find what appears Seiko-like as it's using a "magic lever" for the auto winding. My guess is that this is a chinese clone with added functions and buttons for the year/month etc. Dials.?

What I can't get my head around is how to remove the winding stem. There's no screw or button as I'm used to see them and I'm hesitant to start pushing at things around the stem to see if they do something.

If anyone out there has some advice to give I would appreciate it.

A snap-shot of the relevant area is attached.

4f104656391aad20dc7728be61e49a59.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See where the threaded portion of the stem ends? Just to the right there is a lever that looks like it has a small hole or dimple on the end. I think if you gently try to push it down it should release the stem. Just be gentle in case I am wrong.