Navitimer Venus 178 Chrono not working

Hi all, I acquired this 806 in a terrible state not working and the drive wheel missing, I have stripped cleaned and serviced it and replaced the drive wheel and it now runs and keeps excellent time but I cannot get the coupling clutch wheel to mesh with the chrono runner. When you reset it and start it the clutch wheel is a smidge off the runner but if you just touch the coupler it meshes nicely, I have tried adjusting the eccentric screw as much as I can but still will not mesh. I was wondering if I should replace the chrono runner the coupling clutch and the spring pressing on the clutch ( which seems weak to me) as the teeth on the runner are very fine I wondered if that could be the problem. Any advice before I have to spend out would be appreciated.

AFBDE64D-AED8-4F73-960F-1900FA556C60.jpeg

1CFE8EFB-85EE-4E56-B055-A3E7792C0A71.jpeg

Whilst this could be a parts problem, it could also be an adjustment problem, or possibly too much oil in the wrong place. 

Does the chrono keep going if you nudge the coupling clutch into place? The pictures are a bit fuzzy, but it looks like the coupling clutch spring is not in contact with the clutch? If that is the case then is it snagging somewhere, or is it cracked?

If it is in contact the it sounds like something else is not moving freely.

Have you seen this http://shop.joseph-watches.com/joseph/members/FMPro?-db=joseph_archive.fp5&-lay=web&-format=esemblo_details.html&kategorie=esemblograf&-recid=12607835&-token=001&-find

Page 9 describes the eccentric adjustments, the parts assembly pages describe oiling and the last pages cover troubleshooting.

2 hours ago, StuartBaker104 said:

Whilst this could be a parts problem, it could also be an adjustment problem, or possibly too much oil in the wrong place. 

Does the chrono keep going if you nudge the coupling clutch into place? The pictures are a bit fuzzy, but it looks like the coupling clutch spring is not in contact with the clutch? If that is the case then is it snagging somewhere, or is it cracked?

Have you seen this http://shop.joseph-watches.com/joseph/members/FMPro?-db=joseph_archive.fp5&-lay=web&-format=esemblo_details.html&kategorie=esemblograf&-recid=12607835&-token=001&-find

Page 9 describes the eccentric adjustments, the parts assembly pages describe oiling and the last pages cover troubleshooting.

If I nudge it into place it stops after about 20 mins, I’ve got a feeling the coupling clutch is snagging somewhere because there is not much movement and it is very stiff not like in marks video where he shows it moving very loosely. I think I will strip that part out again and have another look.

3 hours ago, StuartBaker104 said:

Thanks for that link, looking at it I think I have the wrong adjustment on es1, I will sleep on it and have another go tomorrow. Thanks again and why Can I never find info like that on the net.