Aussie Opportunity?

I have seen this posted on a couple of the forums I visit this morning, a quick search on here didn't bring anything up so apologies if it has been posted already. Nick Hacko is a bit of a icon in Aussie watchmaking and is viewed incredibly highly by the people I talk to. Looking at the info on his website he seems like a good guy too, I well remember following his beginners tinkering thread. Anyway, I've copied the below email from Nick in case we have any budding watchmakers in Australia (I think he's based in Sydney):

Hi,

It has been a few years since I had the time to post here! I don't think that our life was any less busy nor hectic than yours - indeed, thanks to the internet, any creative and curious person nowadays would find an exuberant amount of 'material' to entertain and emerge themselves into, endlessly.

However, the last 18 months have been just crazy. Our new workshop is in its final stage of completion. The lathe and barfeeder are installed, the Kern Pyramid Nano mill has been delivered, awaiting installation by German engineers; the Affolter hobbing machine is here as well. On February 1 the EDM cutting machine is to arrive from Makino Japan. And then the 'other' small stuff: polishers, tumblers, hardening oven, perlage machine. A Schaublin 102 (complete set with all collets and milling attachments!) is next on our 'to acquire' list. And more...

In other words, soon we will have at our disposal the best equipped watchmaking workshop in the Southern hemisphere!

The only thing missing: one or two watchmaker apprentices/machinists who will join us in the quest for designing and manufacturing the first Australian-made watch movement. Exciting times!

If such a person exists on this mailing list then, please, make us aware of yourself! We would love to hear from you and invite you for an interview.

Alternatively, I would REALLY APPRECIATE if you can forward this message to anyone who wants to take on the apprenticeship, or to your favourite Watch Forum. Opportunities like this don't come along often; and certainly not in
Australia.

Thank you for you support, all the very best for 2018.

Nick Hacko
www.NicholasHacko.com.au