Pocket Watch movement identification

Plod55

Hi,

I am trying to identify the movement on this pocket watch. It has the name Carpe-Diem Watch Co, and Swiss made. I have tried research on the name with no success, and also tried to identify the micro adjustment system on the balance cock. It is a family piece, I would like to source a donor movement as the balance staff is damaged top and bottom and I don't have the knowledge, skills or equipment to replace the staff itself. It is in a Dennison gold plated hunter case.

It is the only photograph I have at the moment, any help would be appreciated.

Carpe-Diem Pocket watch.jpg

You are probably stuck with either learning watchmaking or hiring a skilled watchmaker to re-staff this watch. Short of finding the correct donor watch, which seems unlikely, someone will need to remove the old staff, measure the thing, consult dimensions on a staff chart like "bestfit" or one online  to  find a close replacement staff that can be lathe modified to the exact dimensions of the old one. Or, turn a new staff entirely, and fit it to the balance, (trued and poised). If both pivots are broken off you can turn a piece of pegwood in the balance jewel hole to get a pivot size. Turn the wood a few times and then measure it with a micrometer. If the hole jewel is cracked it may be ok to still use it if the pegwood does not get cut while turning it in the jewel. Not ideal, but it will work short of replacing the jewel. Good luck on your watch project. Sounds expensive to me.

Kris