Yurman Watch Grief

I took this thing in to replace the cell and polish the case and bracelet. The dial worked loose from the mechanism, I reattached it but when I re install the hands , the minute hand pops off as soon as I put the case back on. I reattempted the procedure three times and yet no success. 

Has any one had experience with these?

Toddpost-26-0-81057600-1404392467_thumb.jpg

From your photo it looks as though there's nothing for the minute hand to get purchase on. The canon pinion should be slightly above the hour wheel?

If that's the situation, the dial might be too proud of the mechanism - and the re-installation of the case back may well be causing that. Beyond that my knowledge peters out!

Just a thought from an amateur tinkerer...

Edited by WillFly

Yes, Will is correct, the photo doesn't show too well what the situation is and it looks like there is no room for the minutes hand there. It comes to mind that maybe the dial may not be fully seated in the case so the movement is staying a little behind its regular position. Also the dial feet are not fully seated. Either way the dial acts like a "hands puller". Or simply there is an obstruction somewhere in that area that prevents the movement to come forward as much as it should. But it could be that the minutes hand is loose in its seat? mmm, I'm running out of options here! In any case, patience is a great tool in those cases! Hope it ends well!

Hi,

It does appear as if there is nothing for the minute hand to sit on. You might try to set the hands with stem. If hour hand moves then it may be as simple as pushing hour hand down a bit more. If hand doesn't move then it's possible that hour wheel isn't down far enough on canon pinion. This can happen if teeth of the hour wheel are sitting on top of other gear instead of meshing. Thing to do would be to remove dial and insure that all wheels are down far enough including canon pinion. There also may need to be a dial shim between dial and hour wheel to prevent it for riding up that may be missing. And of course the dial may be up too high as has already been suggested. Just wanted to give some other possibilities to look at.

Charles K

• Like 1