Brief respite

Definition : a short period of rest or relief from something difficult or unpleasant

Between working on house and watches, my son asked if I'd like to go to gun range and spend some brass. Mind you, I have not fired a pistol in over 40 years, but I had grown up owning and target shooting long guns. We get to a local indoor range and they require personal information and drivers license for all participants, because we were told, if there were any 'criminal' types utilizing the facility, they could lose their federal firearms license, (to sell). I thought to myself, what a strange idea that criminals would choose to target practice!!! Anyway, we go inside range with our ear and eye protection in place and whoom!, the guy in next booth is shooting some hand cannon, I was a bit take aback by the noise, so we targeted up and sent downrange our first targets. At 7 meters, you can read all the writing and target looks fairly large. Now I wear prescription glasses that I use for computer, watches and really close up work. I didn't need them at this length. We went through first clip of 15 rounds fairly fast, so then I suggested we take it to 10 meters, this time I put on my glasses and while I could see the pistol sight very well, the target was a blurr. Finally, we went to 20 meters and within the half hour rental went through 100 rounds of ammo and off we went. I enjoyed spending time with my son and letting out some aggression. I'm pretty confident that with these results, I could properly defend my realm against a zombie attack. (that's with a Sig Sauer 9mm) BTW

First @ 7 metersDSCF0162.JPG

Then 10 meters

DSCF0163.JPG

Finally, 20 metersDSCF0164.JPG

• Like 1