How To Remove The Winding Stem On A Rotary Gs03630 / 04

Hi Mick,

On the last picture, there is a "triangular" like sort of lever with what seems to be a dimple or hole to the right of the stem. When you move the crown in and out, does it move? If it does, then make sure the stem (crown) is all the way in and press on the dimple gently and pull the stem. It should work.

Cheers,

Bob

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Hi everyone.... hopefully someone will be able to kindly help me with a Damas pocket watch I am trying to restore? It came to me in not too bad a state but it had the inevitable broken balance staff. I thought hey this will be easy, look up damas, find the calibre, look up the balance staff and replace it...bingo....how wrong could I have been! There's not really a lot of info about regarding these watches. I learnt that Damas is a trade name of Beguelin and they made a few different 19ligne watches. Mine measures 18.5 lignes which I found strange as I always thought GSTP watches were 19 lignes(urban myth??) It has the same bridge layout as a calibre 9 but the click spring and keyless works are different. I'm guessing there must be a load of these watches about and someone knows the history and ultimately what calibre was used?? So my learned friends what calibre is this Damas watch so I can ultimately find a balance staff to fit it? Thanks  Alun
    • Hi Everyone  First of all I know nothing about watches, but I would like to get my father’s watch working he passed in 1997 and the battery probably ran out around 2000 as my mum had it so has not run since then.  I tried a new battery and its is not working, I cannot see how to open the back as it has no slot on the edge or it’s a back that unscrews any advance would be much appreciated thank you.
    • Yes but my own pc is a desktop in a different room. I have a work laptop but that is work only. 
    • Did the balance run good with the old cock?  if not, 1-Check if the roller table rubs on fork horns, in case you can,t verify anything visually, remove the fork . 2. Check end shake on balance. 3. See if H/S rubs on balance spokes or on underside of the cock or the coil fouls itself. Once you had the balance detached from the cock, you had a chance to check pivots for shortness  or bent or chipped pivots? You ought to check these now. Are you sure jewels in the setting are clean & fault free? Good luck
    • Wasn’t sure where to put this but Because of the problem I have with my hands ( gout in both )I have trouble holding things especially torsion clock hands to remove them, I have tried the usual tools but not impressed with them but to be fair one was for watch hands anyway I see an antique one on eBay so put a bid on it needless to say I was out bid but decided I could make something similar and I must say it works a treat, I decided to thread my one but it looks like the one on eBay was a push operation . Dell