6497-1 Re-Casing

Folkvisor

The dial feet are kept in place by screws, one per dial foot and this helps to keep the dial firm in its place. Maybe this is not what we are talking about so a picture would be very helpful. In order to secure the movement to the case, the screws in questions are not (usually) in the case but supplied separate with the clamps....along with probably the dial washer and the hour wheel.

If they are large and flat headed (big) they probably are. You usually get those from used movements extracted from other watches (usually pocket watches). I don't remember ever gotten those already in the case in a new product. I usually get them in a separate "bag"...which doesn't mean anything. As far as I'm concerned they may come either way, not that I've ordered a lot from different vendors. I suppose each has its own way of packaging for shipping or something.

It matters, the washers should go with the "flaps" up or if you prefer the convex side down.

I'll try to take a good photo with my iPad; I've already taken a really bad one...

Is the setting lever the same as the bolt piece? I was just watching Mark's video on removing stems and he refers to the bolt piece screw which I assume is the setting lever screw. I can see that one could remove the stem if the setting lever was loose but you'd need be careful and only loosen it enough to remove the stem without completely removing the setting lever.

Dave

You need to click on the bottom right, the button that sais "More Reply Options" and then on the bottom left you'll see another button that sais "Choose Files..." under the heading "Attach Files" and from there you navigate to where your picture is in your computer and upload it. Once uploaded, wherever your cursor is (or wherever you choose to put the cursor) in the text box, the picture will be added when you click the link "add picture" at the right of the uploaded picture.

I usually resize the picture to a "Web Large" size (from Microsoft Office viewer -- but you can use any picture editor) before uploading to the site.