Poljot 3133 With A Loose Chrono Runner Seconds Hand

I have a Russian chronograph with a Poljot 3133 movement. Which is a clone of a Valjoux 7733. I have been using it to learn more about the principles of operation of chronograph movements. It didn't have hands when I bought it so I bought a set of aftermarket hands. Which seem to fit snuggly.

Everything functions normally except when reset the chronograph, the chrono runner hand slips and doesn't reset to the 12 o'clock position. Also, after stating and reseting the chronograph a few times, it resets to a different position each time. So I figure the hand tube must not be holding tight to the pinion. I bought a used staking tool which I'm waiting on in the mail to try and close the tube a bit.

But, while I've been waiting for the staking set, another possibility crossed my mind. Could the heart cam on the chrono seconds wheel be loose and causing the hand to reset to a different position? Or am I overthinking it?

The chrono hand has to be pressed on very firmly indeed to ensure no slippage during reset. When pressing it on, remember to support the loWhere jewel to prevent it being moved slightly during this process. That is why you are better to use the correct movement holder when flitting hands to a chronograph.

Just possibly the hand pipe has a slightly large internal diameter.