Eta 2824-2 Stem Stuck On Calendar Adj Position Help

schtozo

Hello, guys im new to this forum seeking help before having to pay lots of money to fix my issue. I changed the crystal on my debaufre 39mm powered by the eta 2824 and after i put back the stem i encounter the problem.. I followed this vid step by step, put each part pulled with its screws in a separate container however when i took the ratchet wheel off it jumped and maybe flipped. "Is it the same from both sides or are the teeth oriented in a particular way?"

and beleive i succeded with the fix but maybe screw up puting the parts back together. After all was in place, i pulled the crown and it worked as it should but kinda buggy, first attempt the crown did only wind the watch completely pulled... I removed and reinserted the stem and now i gained access to hands setting but very buggily, then calendar started working but days wouldnt show up centered... It feels that something is out of place.. Maybe ratchet wheel? Maybe something else.. Please advice what do i have to look into so i can dismantle again and try again.

Any further explanation please ask me..

Thank you for the knowledge in advance.

post-1668-0-38847300-1450879545_thumb.jp

I've had problems with Sellitas, and I suspect 2824s are the same: if you push the setting lever in too far, various bits slip out of place and you have to reassemble the keyless work.

Using a screwdriver that fits the slot, rather that poking it with a Pointy Thing, seems to prevent the problem most of the time.

Thank you mwilkes, yes i do use a screwdriver to remove the stem instead of a pointy object. However in my case and as mark states in the totorial on how to fix, this is a common problem

With the 2824. I succeded in the steps to fix but not in reassembly of the bridges i think, if anyone can point me into what could have happened itll be appreciated.

Thank you.

:( imma try, what else do i have to loose!! Im not a watch maker neither i have all the tools but some basics as a needle sised tweezers, small screwdrivers and a movement holder will doo the job! Thx for the help guys, i saw the vid of mark servicing the eta 2824 and it looks easy but patience required task! Ill try to do my best.. Cheers and happy holidays! Ill report back whenever i have the chance to work on it.