Need Help With Parts Supply

I am repairing a military Elgin grade 291 serial number 39939901. I need to source a balance staff,minute hand and Xtal. I'm new at this I have done clean and loube on smiths clocks and my pocket watch I wear on my wrist. Any help would be great thanks.

Elgin was the largest watch producing company in the USA producing half of all pocket watches. They were in production from 1864 to 1964.  

According to my " Complete price guide to watches" book, serial No 39939901 was indicate it was produced in 1940. Grade 291 indicates it is a size 16" movement with 7 jewels.

This link might be if some help re-balance staff although I don,t think it goes to pocket size staffs.

http://www.balancestaffs.com/elgin.php

Various pocket watch hands can be found at Cousins. Not sure what a Xtal is.

Getting parts for pocket watches is difficult but a pic would be useful as someone on the forum might have a donor  movement.

Hi guys sorry for use of an electronic term Xtal yes it is an abbreviation for crystal as in the glass. This stems from years messing with radios. I think i can find the hands and crystal but I'm a bit confused with regards the balance staff I can find loads of Elgin ones for 16s but as you say its a 291 so does this mean that I must have one for this number as I say I'm trying to learn new things. I will just be so happy to hear it run again 

• 3 weeks later...

I am repairing a military Elgin grade 291 serial number 39939901. I need to source a balance staff,minute hand and Xtal. I'm new at this I have done clean and loube on smiths clocks and my pocket watch I wear on my wrist. Any help would be great thanks.

I am sure I have the staff, hand and crystal. I need photo of hand to match and diameter of crystal. Glass or plastic? Single roller or double?