2 hours ago, Bonefixer said:

I opened up a 17 jeweled Swiss made movement only to find it has a pin pallet escapement. Not sure where the 17 jewels are but they ain’t on the pallet fork!

Tips for lubrication?

Does it say 17 jewels on the dial or on the movement ?

6 hours ago, Bonefixer said:

Tips for lubrication?

What works for me (waiting for the villagers to assemble with torches and pitchforks) is to put a liberal (in watch terms) spot of 9010 on one of the pins of the pin pallet, this seems to improve amplitude and beat error.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Does it say 17 jewels on the dial or on the movement ?

Both! It’s a Timemaster alarm watch. It has cap jewels over the hole jewels on 3 of the train wheels making 8, 2 on the escapement, 2 on the pallet pivots, and 5 on the balance (including the impulse) making 17. But no pallet stones. And it has a cheap, ‘stamped metal’ sort of bridge/balance cock, an open mainspring barrel, and the alarm spring barrel had a weird arbor/gear hybrid. Not seen that before. 

It was interesting to figure out how the alarm works, so learning all the time, but this was definitely a cheap one, despite being ‘fully jeweled’. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Waggy said:

What works for me (waiting for the villagers to assemble with torches and pitchforks) is to put a liberal (in watch terms) spot of 9010 on one of the pins of the pin pallet, this seems to improve amplitude and beat error.

Thats more or less what i do, ive heard a few people recommend dr. Tillwich oil

1 hour ago, Bonefixer said:

Both! It’s a Timemaster alarm watch. It has cap jewels over the hole jewels on 3 of the train wheels making 8, 2 on the escapement, 2 on the pallet pivots, and 5 on the balance (including the impulse) making 17. But no pallet stones. And it has a cheap, ‘stamped metal’ sort of bridge/balance cock, an open mainspring barrel, and the alarm spring barrel had a weird arbor/gear hybrid. Not seen that before. 

It was interesting to figure out how the alarm works, so learning all the time, but this was definitely a cheap one, despite being ‘fully jeweled’. 

All those jewels and non to be had on the pallet ? Could have been  one of those companies like oris that were restricted from using new design features like jewelled levers.

1 minute ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

ive heard a few people recommend dr. Tillwich oil

That is what I have moved to, I said 9010 in my post for the sake of simplicity, but what I actually use is Dr Tillwich 1-3 where I would use 9010 and Dr Tillwich 3-5 where I would use HP1300/D5, similarly I use their B52 grease instead of the Mobius/Molycote ones. Only downside I see is that they are all clear, including the grease, so you need to be a little more careful on how much you apply as it's not so easy to see the oil/grease.

• Like 2