Unidentfied Watch Movement

OK fellow watch bothering people - Any ideas what this old beauty may be ? I've been through all the Ranfft listings. Clearly 1920s/1930s . I've tried to reshape the abused balance spring but it's beaten me after some fun filled hours. No doubt nil spares available but it would be nice to get a name. There are no markings or numbers at all. Thanks 

DSCF7022.JPG

DSCF7021.JPG

It looks like a Record 022 or 022k movement by the shape of the setting cover. I found a link to a photo for the 022k - https://www.buzzufy.com/blog/2017/02/03/record-caliber-022k-movement-specifications-and-photo/

From the 1930's. The link says 17 jewels. It looks close. Also link to this site with a similar watch -

MOVEMENT.png

RECORD.png

Edited by JackH
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, JackH said:

It looks like a Record 022 or 022k movement by the shape of the setting cover. I found a link to a photo for the 022k - https://www.buzzufy.com/blog/2017/02/03/record-caliber-022k-movement-specifications-and-photo/

From the 1930's. The link says 17 jewels. It looks close. Also link to this site with a similar watch -

MOVEMENT.png

RECORD.png

It is indeed an early Record 022 K, sometimes marked on the 3rd wheel bridge, has a different crown wheel to later versions. II have two of these, good movements. Looks like the barrel teeth have been caught when decasing ?

• Like 1

Brilliant John - Many thanks. After slimming down the tweezers with a diamond  nail file and working on a flat white ceramic surface the balance spring is gradually getting flat and round again.  Damn tricky work even with a good microscope but very satisfying. The hinged cushion gold case is really impressive. Grandads wedding watch damaged and almost thrown away so an important piece. BTW the barrel teeth are fine - just debris during handling.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. Ran into a winding problem since some desperate previous repair guy had fitted the wrong winding gear. Cousins had one ! Turns out the movement is the slightly different 022 - 18 Looks like the one LH screw fixing for the crown wheel got updated to the two screw style.

• Like 1