First watch I've ever worked on, and the strap won't budge

I have had this knockoff Patek for a long time, my father gave it to me many years ago. I thought it would be perfect to open it up and mangle it a little, as it is the first watch I have ever done anything on. I have a spring bar tool, but after trying to find some notch to pull down on to release it, I cant find any. And it seems like this strap does not even use a spring type bar, though there is a bar in there. Any help, I have no clue what to do after scouring the internet. Thanks guys!

IMG_0581.PNG

IMG_0582.PNG

IMG_0583.PNG

7 hours ago, NitroZeus said:

I have had this knockoff Patek for a long time, my father gave it to me many years ago. I thought it would be perfect to open it up and mangle it a little, as it is the first watch I have ever done anything on. I have a spring bar tool, but after trying to find some notch to pull down on to release it, I cant find any. And it seems like this strap does not even use a spring type bar, though there is a bar in there. Any help, I have no clue what to do after scouring the internet. Thanks guys!

IMG_0581.PNG

IMG_0582.PNG

IMG_0583.PNG

What is on the outside of the lug, could that be a riveted fixed pin or just decorative ?. Seems very odd if the pins are fixed, the strap would have had to be fitted at the time of fixing the pins or else stitched on after. Leather straps when fitted to fixed pins usually have a flat split pin that spreads open to hold the fold in place . If the strap is not important then cut it off so you can investigate better and add another photo from inside. If they are fixed then you just need to buy a strap that will thread through both pins, like a nato style strap. 

12 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

What is on the outside of the lug, could that be a riveted fixed pin or just decorative ?. Seems very odd if the pins are fixed, the strap would have had to be fitted at the time of fixing the pins or else stitched on after. Leather straps when fitted to fixed pins usually have a flat split pin that spreads open to hold the fold in place . If the strap is not important then cut it off so you can investigate better and add another photo from inside. If they are fixed then you just need to buy a strap that will thread through both pins, like a nato style strap. 

It’s very weird, as the other fake I have has regular screws on the lug. But this one seems to have a smooth face with no space for a screwdriver. I really don’t want to cut it off. I should be able to take the case-back and movement out with the strap still on the case, but I would love to figure out a way to have these straps come off. I appreciate the input, and will take a closer look.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NitroZeus said:

It’s very weird, as the other fake I have has regular screws on the lug. But this one seems to have a smooth face with no space for a screwdriver. I really don’t want to cut it off. I should be able to take the case-back and movement out with the strap still on the case, but I would love to figure out a way to have these straps come off. I appreciate the input, and will take a closer look.

It the strap is good and you dont want to change it then i wouldn't try to remove it. It wont stop you taking the movement out , and you can work around the strap to clean the case if need be. Sometimes the satisfying of a curiosity is not worth the risk of damage. Dont try to fix what ain't broke and all that.