These rubber bellow hand blowers do suck ! 😲

Cleaning a movement and getting used to cleaning procedures with my new Ultra-sonic, this time I decided to take both the anti-shock jewels out their settings and place them (Chaton + cap-stone) in separate small baskets.

I thought they would get a throughout clean. This turned out not to be the case. One of the Chaton had picked up a small dirt part and wasn't as sparkling clean as I had hoped for.

Investigating the Chaton under the microscope, I thought I could blow, with my rubber hand bellow blower, the small dirt part out of it.

Screenshot2024-02-05at09_57_39.png.b327c07ca0a0a208287db8df01fb386b.png

Holding the Chaton with a pair of tweezers on top of a microscope base is a delicate matter. Holding it too tight, it may jump. Holding it too loose and it may blow away 😬

Carefully blowing, the Chaton was suddenly gone 🫢

I knew, it couldn't have gone that far, as I was very gentle. Searching my desk and the microscope surroundings again, again and again ...... nothing!

I just didn't understand. Searched the floor, nothing.

In the end, the idea came to me to check the bellow.

I pulled the bellow nozzle and there it was, inside the bellow. The bellow must have sucked the Chaton in !!

One learns every day  ...... these blowers do suck ! 😁

Edited by Endeavor
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Endeavor said:

Cleaning a movement and getting used to cleaning procedures with my new Ultra-sonic, this time I decided to take both the anti-shock jewels out their settings and place them (Chaton + cap-stone) in separate small baskets.

I thought they would get a throughout clean. This turned out not to be the case. One of the Chaton had picked up a small dirt part and wasn't as sparkling clean as I had hoped for.

Investigating the Chaton under the microscope, I thought I could blow, with my rubber hand bellow blower, the small dirt part out of it.

Screenshot2024-02-05at09_57_39.png.b327c07ca0a0a208287db8df01fb386b.png

Holding the Chaton with a pair of tweezers on top of a microscope base is a delicate matter. Holding it too tight, it may jump. Holding it too loose and it may blow away 😬

Carefully blowing, the Chaton was suddenly gone 🫢

I knew, it couldn't have gone that far, as I was very gentle. Searching my desk and the microscope surroundings again, again and again ...... nothing!

I just didn't understand. Searched the floor, nothing.

In the end, the idea came to me to check the bellow.

I pulled the bellow nozzle and there it was, inside the bellow. The bellow must have sucked the Chaton in !!

One learns every day  ...... these blowers do suck ! 😁

I wanted a bit more direct pressure from my puffer so i glued a refillable gas nozzle to the end of it, that might avoid your situation in future. Also I sometimes put small parts under a plastic sieve and deliver compressed air through it from a pump up sprayer.  Just if the normal drying proceedure hasn't quite dried everything. 

17071266882362996153713429833276.jpg

Edited by Neverenoughwatches