I was just working on the click a bit more and it actually popped out of the wheel when I pushed it from behind slightly, without any damage.  I was not comfortable taking the old click out to make a new one as I wasn't certain how pressed/flared the end was. But this just solved that problem for me.

Is there any particular type of steel you use for this click?  It does seem soft.

Thanks,

bob

IMG_5521.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

Well, such clicks are usually soft. Soft - not like anealed steel, but like a carbon steel that has been hardened and then tempered to grey color, e.g. to 500 degr. celsius. Or, You can use as a material some bolt or something of the sort, that is made from construction steel, wuthout termal treatment.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Progress has been made on this.  New Click, fusee works now.

I do have a question about the alignment adjustments from Neven.  I dont quite understand the process, I understand that adjustment 1 is for pulling or pushing the verge escape forward and back.  But if you go too much the pivots will pull out of their holes.

Im not quite sure of the other adjustments (2 and 3).  For example the "crown wheel axial free play" I assume means the free play of the crown wheel staff?

In the attached pics, the balance pivot is not deep enough past the escape and isnt aligned to the escape. 

I am not sure which adjustment will drop the balance pivot (or raise the escape).

I think I understand that the flat portion of the balance needs to rest on the top of the escape point.   

Of course my terminology is probably way off.

I have also added a hand drawing of how I think it should be. 

Any advice on the pics attached.

Thanks,

bob

IMG_5600.jpg

IMG_5599.jpg

IMG_5602.jpg