I removed the friction pinion for cleaning and am having difficulty getting the clip at the top to go back on. I notice there is an orientation to the clip as on the underside of the clip those little protruding fingers at the top are beveled so that they should be able to slide down the sides of those two rectangular parts on the friction pinion, expanding the open rectangular area of the clip as it goes. I've tried driving the clip home with a flat faced hollow stake on my staking set, but it doesn't seem to want to move. I do think part of the issue is the clip moves if you just breathe on it and I think it has to be in the *exact* correct position before driving it home.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the clip to fully seat?

as-2066.jpg.ed3bd1241ac6fb88206388a422f96b06.jpg

Edited by GuyMontag

I found a way that worked for me to get that clip back on. Rather than putting the clip on the friction pinion I placed the clip on a bench anvil and then pressed the friction pinion into the clip. I first tried putting pressure straight down but it didn't go in so I placed the pinion at an angle hoping that would help align it as it tried to seat. I noticed afterwards that the clip is upside down but after driving it home with my staking set it seems have decent friction on the pinion. We'll see how it works once I get it assembled.

• Like 2