Interesting beginner level video by a professional watchmaker about cleaning movements

• 1 month later...

Have not got room on 1/2 my 2' by 5' bench. However I do have a new addition. A nail drier. Clean the parts in Lighter fluid, then into an ultrasonic. After that remove shellac items and place all others in IPA and ultrasonic. Then place baskets in the base of the nail drier for gentle fan and heat.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Hence all the diy stuff. Tom its just a spinney thing, 🤔I'm sure someone said that the other day 🙂

With all the other random stuff I am mucking about with I’ll need an extra roundtoit Rich before I can build another spinney thing. I follow Ross’s lead for now 😀

Tom

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rossjackson01 said:

Have not got room on 1/2 my 2' by 5' bench. However I do have a new addition. A nail drier. Clean the parts in Lighter fluid, then into an ultrasonic. After that remove shellac items and place all others in IPA and ultrasonic. Then place baskets in the base of the nail drier for gentle fan and heat.

Good thinking Ross, the wife can also have a claim on that piece of equipment. Happy wife happy life 🙂

33 minutes ago, tomh207 said:

With all the other random stuff I am mucking about with I’ll need an extra roundtoit Rich before I can build another spinney thing. I follow Ross’s lead for now 😀

Tom

Haha Tom we are all gunnas at one time or another, except for our self-disciplined Ross here who doesn't muck about and just gets on with things. 

39 minutes ago, tomh207 said:

Tom

I'm eagerly waiting to see that fully equipped sliding compounded singing dancing wolf jahn of yours up and running. I see no pictures, no trialing, no reviews, come on Mr. H get your finger out 😄

• Like 2