I’m trying to get replacement hands and acrylic crystal for an Adriatica watch with an Unitas 3600 movement.  The crystal popped off, then so did the hands.

The current crystal pops back in, but it can rotate and it’s very loose. It measures 33.5mm DIA by 4.5mm (outer dimensions).  Would this be a high dome?  It’s 70 years old, so i’m guessing it may have shrunk a little bit.

Best I can research, the h/m hands are 150/90, but I cannot dig up any definitive information on the second hand. An email to Adriatica customer service remains unanswered.

Thanks for any help pointing me in the right direction!

IMG_2913.jpeg

IMG_2904.jpeg

IMG_2903.jpeg

IMG_2902.jpeg

32 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Are you sure it's a unitas 3600? You didn't state where you are from on your introduction, it helps in sourcing parts.  Crystals are cheap, buy one the same size and one the next size up. As for height, measure the original and there are technical documents to tell you what style you need. 

Whoopsie.  Unitas 6300.  You can’t see the from this angle, but not 6300n.  NJ, USA.

IMG_2905.jpeg

Hi. According to Dr Ranfft. 3600 it is.    Measure the inside of the case where the glass fits with a vernier then add 0.01 to the figure this will give a good fit.  You will need a glass fitting tool to compress the acrylic to fit. Are the hands missing or just want tightening up a bit.     Fitting tools are available on eBay at not too great cost.

• Like 1

It seems that there are a bunch of different movements that they dropped into these watches, but I went back to the picture and it’s a UT6300.

The second hand disappeared; the hour and minute hands snapped off leaving the rings behind.

I’m looking at picking up one of the multiprong claw shaped crystal grabbers.

Edited by Jamond
Stupid Siri.

7 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi. According to Dr Ranfft. 3600 it is.    Measure the inside of the case where the glass fits with a vernier then add 0.01 to the figure this will give a good fit.  You will need a glass fitting tool to compress the acrylic to fit. Are the hands missing or just want tightening up a bit.     Fitting tools are available on eBay at not too great cost.

Hello @watchweasol, I tried on Ranfft and Google, where did you find Unitas 3600?

4 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi Richard  on ranfft the picture is for a 6300N. Which looks very like the picture posted.   Ther is a logo under the balance I can make out that looks like the Unitas marque.    If thorp can confirm this and the calibre by removing or taking a closer look

I am a numeric dyslexic.

Me too, I'm always mixing up numbers.  This is what I found. 

Screenshot_20231111_164404_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 12:38 PM, RichardHarris123 said:

Me too, I'm always mixing up numbers.  This is what I found. 

Screenshot_20231111_164404_Chrome.jpg

That’s what I found too, but it doesn’t have anything about the size for the second hand.

I’m still new to the site, so I think some poor moderator has to read and approve my posts for the time being, so my responses might be a little delayed.