I'm trying to find a reliable parts location for things like mainsprings. I search the cousins UK site to get a long list of discontinued. By the time I find something close it is not at all what is needed. Usually wrong length and trying to cut some off the end doesn't work too well (especially when there's a bridal or special end) and winding an extra 5 cm in isn't good. I got my last one on ebay that was the wrong length so I just wound it anyway. I don't ever want to do that with a real repair. This was just messing around with my new winders. That don't work for pocket watches. Why did they have to make a special toll for everything? I can see a way to make the mainspring winder handle have a t notch cut in it so you don't need a special one for right and left. One can do both. Just need the arbor and that's all. 

6 minutes ago, rehajm said:

I'm US and Cousins is my go to. What are you fixing?

I'm just actually doing the stuff instead of just knowing it. I was fixing a broken pocket watch that doesn't even have a dial or hands. It's not worth anything I just know if I don't do the things I learn the info will fade faster. Most of the watches I mess with have broken balance staffs. Or I brake a pivot on the escape wheel. I swear I watched one brake as I blew a hair away. Lol