Lost the end stone jewel

Hi,

just stated to service a ST2130, clone of eta 2824

and…I lost the end stone the first time I tried to pull it out…lesson learnt I did the second time great but haven’t being able to find the first I lost 

I saw on cousinuk an assortment of end stone and jewel holes they sell, any idea if it fits?

just to understand, the companies out there sell jewel for there watches or is it some part you get from outside of the watch industry? Just wanna get the idea about the jewel cause I was trying to find jewels specific for eta and could not figure where to get them 

anyway, hope to understand that topic better

thanks! 

2 hours ago, Raz said:

Hi,

just stated to service a ST2130, clone of eta 2824

and…I lost the end stone the first time I tried to pull it out…lesson learnt I did the second time great but haven’t being able to find the first I lost 

I saw on cousinuk an assortment of end stone and jewel holes they sell, any idea if it fits?

just to understand, the companies out there sell jewel for there watches or is it some part you get from outside of the watch industry? Just wanna get the idea about the jewel cause I was trying to find jewels specific for eta and could not figure where to get them 

anyway, hope to understand that topic better

thanks! 

1252_Incabloc By Factory - Eta.pdf

You're not going to find ETA 2824-2 cap jewels fitting clone movements. It doesn't work that way. cap jewels are readily available to buy for recognised watch companies such as ETA from most supply houses, such as Cousins. I have posted the Incabloc cap jewel chart for ETA movements, although the upper jewels (balance) and lower jewels (main plate) are not always the same size in some movements. The caps are the same size on an ETA 2824-2 on the upper and lower caps. That doesn't mean that is the case for your clone. The chart is in French. 'Pierre Dessous' translates as 'stone below' (main plate) and 'Pierre Dessus' means stone on top (balance). In some movements, they are the same size., but not usually. The general rule of thumb is, if one cap jewel is wider than the other, then it will be for the balance. Hopefully, you have now found the downside of working on these clone movements, as parts aren't readily available and I would suggest buying a replacement movement for spare parts and caps. If you think you're going to find a match from the assortment of cap jewels from the ones you buy from Cousins, dream on! Those cap jewels are really rough and need polishing to work properly, that's if you find one the exact same width and thickness, which is a slim chance. if it isn't an exact match, even to the nearest .01 mm the movement may not run at all. The cap jewels really have to be an exact size to that movement.

I hope this helps in some way, as I've been there and done that and got the T-shirt, so to speak.

Edited by Jon
  • Like 1

The economics buying of a backup movement seem wrong but seagulls aren’t too bad and if you do more you have spare parts handy so if you’re learning maybe not a bad investment…and there’s a good chance there’s a jewel that fits…

…I’ve unknowingly waded into one or two calibers where everything was hand fit so spares don’t fit and/or there are three sizes of everything or unlisted variations…now that is a mess ☺️

Edited by rehajm