Unsticking a cap jewel from its chaton

I am working on a vintage AS 1700 movement in a Consul 1400 watch. This is the first "nice" watch i am working on, so i am being super cautious.

I have removed the top cap jewel from the balance wheel for cleaning and oiling. I cleaned the jewel, still in its chaton, in One Dip. I swished it around for about 30 seconds.

The problem is that the cap jewel and chaton are stuck together - see pictures below.

What is the safest / best practices way to separate the two?

As always, thank you very much for your help!

E4B97B7F-4559-4B7B-A614-E81D23362469_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.c30821cb2d1605c27abd1e71803f8085.jpegE8A62F79-7C8E-4991-BFAE-A4117656AC49_1_201_a.jpeg.989bc24ce51ef9969f7ce06c675c2b82.jpeg

If it's still stuck it's probably not clean.  There's lots of ways to do this, but my first trick would be to use Rodico on both pieces to separate them.  They should have separated in the one dip, so there's probably a lot of dried oil/dirt holding them together.  When you do separate them, I would clean them with pegwood and resoak them in one dip.

• Like 2

I tried rodico to pull apart the jewel and the chaton but no luck so far. I also swirled the pair in One Dip again for one minute.

The bottom balance jewel came apart fine, of course.

Can any harm come to either part if i soak them in One Dip overnight? I'm assuming the chaton is brass, possibly gold plated?, and the jewel is synthetic ruby.