Hi all

Trying to find some info out

1) where would be the best place to purchase a main spring for a Hebdomas? Or find any info on the watch?

2) I also need a new crystal, how are these sized (looked on cousin's and there are many types so don't want to purchase the wrong one)

Cheers

6 minutes ago, KenneyKev said:

1) where would be the best place to purchase a main spring for a Hebdomas? Or find any info on the watch?

Cousins is a good place. Do you know what the movement is, can you post pics ?

7 minutes ago, KenneyKev said:

2) I also need a new crystal, how are these sized (looked on cousin's and there are many types so don't want to purchase the wrong one)

Depends on what type of case and glass is needed. Pics always help.

Hi

Mikepilk, pics added. The crystal measures 41.93mm but the bezel is 42.55mm. Cousins have lots but unsure what type I need.

Tried cousins and they don't have anything (that I can see anyway) all the hebdomas parts they had are discontinued.

I have found one on ebay but dint want to rush out and get the wrong one.

20230809_135540.jpg

20230809_135605.jpg

20230809_135624.jpg

20230809_140148.jpg

20230809_140252.jpg

12 minutes ago, KenneyKev said:

Mikepilk, pics added. The crystal measures 41.93mm but the bezel is 42.55mm. Cousins have lots but unsure what type I need.

Then how is the crystal held in if it's small than the hole - glue? Is 42.55 the inside lip of the bezel? If so, a 42.8mm crystal would do.

How deep is the acrylic? 

A low dome might be OK : https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/low-dome-sternkreuz-n

For the spring, you need to determine the calibre, or measure the old one.

• Like 1

How do I find out the calibre number, all the data bases I go to don't give much info.

The bezel just falls out, and moves around when put in place so unsure if it's the correct one anyway. It's to the inside of the bezel (42.55)

I'll measure it as a last resort lol

How do I find out the calibre number, all the data bases I go to don't give much info.

The bezel just falls out, and moves around when put in place so unsure if it's the correct one anyway. It's to the inside of the bezel (42.55)

I'll measure it as a last resort lol

Spring measurements - 164.5mm L x 2.74mm H x 0.36mm D

Spring measurements - 164.5mm L x 2.74mm H x 0.36mm D

When I removed the spring to measure it I realised the slip spring is also damaged (small lug has broken too).

Spring measurements - 1645mm L x 2.74mm H x 0.36mm D

When I removed the spring to measure it I realised the slip spring is also damaged (small lug has broken too).

I've never seen a spring like that before. Is it wound by putting a key in the two holes ?

Is the slip ring a separate part?  I guess the bent end of the spring catches in the notches in the barrel wall, and slips if the spring is would too far?

image.thumb.png.0ba2bf1e4b7b77e257cb5d85f03956d2.png

The spring that is up against the housing is a slip ring to stop over winding, its slips into the next notch along when it's too tight, the main spring attaches to this via a small lug on the slip spring. It's this long due to it being able to run for 8 days.